Last year, Obi Cubana was trending. This year again, Obi Cubana still trends following the news of his kind generosity to people and the nation at large.
The 46 years old businessman became popular after his hometown, Oba in Anambra state, popular to the whole world during the burial of his mum died in December 2020.
During his mum’s burial, Obi Cubana made headlines on several media outlets across Nigeria. He also had his mum immortalized with a pendant and necklace worth $100,000. Watch the video below.
The Daily Page highlights 8 things you should know about Obi Cubana below:
1. Obi Cubana whose real name is Obinna Iyiegbu was born on the 12th April 1975 in Anambra state.
2. Obi Cubana who hails from Oba in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State, is the fourth child and last son of his parents.
3. For his primary school education, he went to Central Primary School. Then, he proceeded to Dennis Memorial Grammar School to obtain his West Africa Secondary school certificate.
4. In 1998, he obtained a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
5. Obi Cubana started earning big after his NYSC. In a recent interview, Obi Cubana explained how he earned his first million.
He said he was introduced to the real estate business where he met a client who wanted to furnish a house.
After furnishing the house, for the client, he was gifted N500,000, as he also made over N600,000 in profit for the job done.
“That was the first N1.1m I made before I joined contract work in Abuja.”
6. As a club owner, he started a club business in 2006. At that time, he established his first nightclub in Ibiza, in Abuja.
Now, his success has made him grow into a big business empire. He is the chairman of Cubana Group.
7. He is known for giving to the less privileged. Recently, he promised to sponsor the education of a Lagos hawker to the University level and even offered him automatic employment.
8. In 2021, he clinched the award for the Man of the Year by Leadership Excellence Awards.
9. He is happily married to Ebele Iyiegbu also known as Lush Eby who is a lawyer by profession. And their union is blessed with 4 male kids.
10. Obi Cubana’s net worth is estimated at $500,000,000.