The Niger state government has issued a stay at home order to civil servants of the state.
According to state government, all civil servants must stay at home from December 21st 2020.
This was disclosed by the Head of Service, Salamatu Abubakar on Thursday, December 17th.
The new directive was reached in order to curb the spread of the second wave of coronavirus in the country.
The state government directed all workers that are not on essential service to stay at home till further notice.
How to protect yourself from coronavirus
Since Nigeria is now into the second wave of coronavirus pandemic due to rapid increase of new confirmed cases, it is necessary that all Nigerians protect themselves from this deadly virus.
Below are the guidelines recommended by the World Health Organization to protect yourself from coronavirus;
1. Wash your hands regularly with soap and running water or clean your hand with sanitizer.
2. Avoid large gathering
3. Always maintain a social distancing of at least 1 metre
4. Avoiding touching your face, nose with bare hands
5. Cover your nose and mouth when coughing
6. If you notice any symptoms of Coronavirus (fever, dry cough, tiredness), visit any testing center close to you.
For more information visit official website of World Health Organization.