Genevieve Nnaji is the Nigerian actress and director who brought Nollywood to a world level, according to BBC world service.
Genevieve Nnaji has worked her way up the ladder of success and now sits comfortably as one of Africa’s biggest and most celebrated actress, having spent decades in the movie industry
At 42 Genevieve Nnaji has won a lot of achievements, national honors and awards.
To celebrate her 42th birthday, The Daily Page take a look at some of her major achievements and some things you should know about her:
1. Genevieve Nnaji who was born on May 3rd 1979, is a famous Nollywood actress, singer, entrepreneur, television personality, model and a philanthropist.
2. Genevieve Nnaji who is the fourth child in a family of eight children, was born Mbaise, Imo, Nigeria but grew up in Lagos. Her father is an engineer while her mum is a teacher.
3. Genevieve Nnaji went to Methodist Girls College Yaba, Lagos for secondary school education. Furthering her education, she went to University of Lagos to study creative arts. Also, during her University days, Genevieve Nnaji began auditioning for acting jobs in Nollywood.
4. She joined the Nollywood movie Industry as a child actor. So far, she has starred in more 100 films including Cripples (1987), Most Wanted (1998), Camouflage (1999), Power Of Love (2002), Silent Scandals (2009), Road To Yesterday (2015), Lion Heart Farming (2018) and others.
Her success in the movie industry has earned her fame and a lot of prestigious awards as she Nigerian government honoured her as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic for her contributions to Nollywood.
5. Genevieve Nnaji who is regarded as one of the most beautiful actresses in the movie industry, has a daughter Theodora.
Her daughter, Theodora Dora who studied Mass Communication at the university, is a makeup artist who works with celebrities.
Dora is the CEO of NAJ Makeup Studio, which is located in Yaba, Lagos. Also, Dora is happily married to Osi Chigozie Ikediwa and they have a son together.
See photo of Dora and her husband…